Tuesday 14 October 2008

Here We Go Again With The Funky Intro


I'm not very good at introductions but i suppose i better try and let you know who i am and what i have in store for this blog.

My name is Ben and im from a small town on the South-East coast of England. I work for a large pharmaceutical company and in my spare time i like to play football, tennis and golf. My main love in life is music of all kinds and i have been collecting vinyl since i was in the 6th form at school way back in 1995 (it did help that there were 2 second hand music shops literally metres from the school). I got into hardcore in late 1993 and that was my first love for many years progressing from the more happy side into drum and bass. I was fortunate to hang around with a few mates who were local DJ's in my formative buying days and they also got me hooked on techno, house, garage and hip hop. From there it was a short step to travelling to London to grab cheap records and start buying up collections of DJ's who were giving up.

Its 2008 now and i have managed to amass a collection of over 10,000 records in virtually every genre going. Its my aim in this blog to educate you with some lesser known gems of all the styles of music i like so expect some classic Breakbeat, UK Hip Hop, Dub Reggae, Acid House, Detroit Techno and even some Funk in the forthcoming posts. Ill also keep you informed with what i have been finding in the crates and maybe air some of my general thoughts on life.

No comments: